Saturday, January 28, 2012

Luck of the Chinese




Forget the Irish- Luck of the Chinese is what I'm talking about. Jim and I were lucky enough to attend the Organization of Chinese Americans New Years party here in Pittsburgh last weekend.  It was something new and pretty different, which is always welcome. I had no idea how much of the Chinese culture centered around luck. All I really correlate CNY to is a mad rush to get work done before it happens because once it starts everything shuts down in China...not so good for American retailers.

There were dragons (they were fake), ass kicking black belts, fan dancers, an awkward table of pageant queens (weird), a really bad anchor woman playing host and a lucky money ball...which Jim won for me in the auction.

What I loved the most: my lucky money ball and my necklace.

Here's to a prosperous and lucky 2012!  Happy Chinese New Year and every other kind of New Year too.

xoxo, ejg

No comments:

Post a Comment