Friday, February 10, 2012

Mission Cake Pops: Accomplished



I had a little Super Bowl party last week, more on that later.  I'm not a huge football fan, and by huge I mean not a fan at all...but it was an excuse to make cute finger foods and class up the typical smorgasbord fare.  The cake pops were the fave.  I realize I'm a bit behind on the whole "cupcakes are out, pops are in" trend but better late than never, right?

Jim gets the birthday cake flavored cake pops at Starbucks frequently and I get to hear about how amazing they are for the following 3 hours- every time he finds a tiny little leftover piece in between his molars...so I told him I'd try to make them.  I made lemon, confetti cake and devils food with sea salt!

It all went pretty smooth until it came time to frost them.  I wasn't able to get pictures of that process because my hands were too busy and covered in frosting, sprinkles, balls of cake and sucker sticks.

What I loved the most: the lemon pops!

xoxo, ejg

No comments:

Post a Comment